More on the CHOLESTEROL MYTH, Summer Recipe, What is chiropractic? Does pain-free mean you are healthy? Are you all shook up? Are we all? And yup, our great humor section.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
• STOP testing for CHOLESTEROL
• RECIPE: STUFFED ZUCHHINI BOATS
• What is Chiropractic?
• No Pain Means I’m Healthy?
• The Earthquakes in Your Life
• Just the Essentials
• Questions and Answers
• Did you know?
• Words of Wisdom
• Researching Chiropractic
STOP testing for CHOLESTEROL
Yes, you heard me correctly! Cholesterol DOES NOT CAUSE HEART DISEASE! The medical community has known that for about 20 years, yet, they still push STATIN drugs, the number one prescribed pharmaceutical in the US. PLEASE DO NOT GET YOUR CHOLESTEROL tested when you go to your doctor. WHY? Because they are obligated to prescribe a statin drug to you. You will just be fighting them. Ok if you want to know.
But know this:
Low Blood Cholesterol
1. increases risk of heart disease and stroke
2. associated with cancer
3. Associated with Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s disease
4. Associated with Memory Loss
5. Associated with Poor Immunity
6.Learning disabilities in children and adults
7. Associated with early death
Cholesterol in the body
1. vital part of EVERY cell membrane
2. From cholesterol adrenal hormones are made
3.From cholesterol sex hormones are made
4. From cholesterol myelin is made (outer covering of nerves)
5. Essential for memory and learning
6. From cholesterol vitamin D is made
7. Essential for Immunity
8. From cholesterol Bile Salts are made (digestion)
9. PEOPLE with High Cholesterol LIVE LONGER
10. Older people need more cholesterol
You would have to eat 12 egg yolks and 2 lbs of butter to get what you need to make vitamin D.
Leave your body alone and eat those eggs (pasteured, not pasturized), liver or other organ meats, grass fed butter and more healthy saturated fats. Stop believing the LOW FAT lie. Now go do the right thing!
RECIPE: STUFFED ZUCHHINI BOATS
- 3 medium zucchini
- 1 pound pork sausage
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs (I use Gluten Free)
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (32 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Step 2Trim stems from zucchini and slice lengthwise. Scoop out seeds and place them in a large bowl. Salt zuchhini and turn upside down on a paper towel to dry for 15 minutes. In the bowl, add sausage, the zucchini insides, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and garlic; mix to combine.
- Step 3Stuff squash with sausage mixture and arrange in a 9×13-inch baking pan. Pour spaghetti sauce over the top and cover with aluminum foil.
- Step 4Bake in the preheated oven until sausage is browned and cooked through, about 45 minutes. Remove foil and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; continue to cook until cheese is melted, about 15 minutes more.
What is Chiropractic?
Chiropractic is the most popular drug-free, non-surgical, natural, scientific, and philosophical healing art in the world. Millions of people, from infancy to the elderly, have found their health restored by chiropractic care.
Imagine healing without drugs and surgery! Your body has an amazing healing ability; the job of your chiropractor is to ensure that your healing potential is as close to 100% as possible by freeing your body of a deep stress – the subluxation.
The subluxation is a physical distortion of your spine and structural system that stresses your nervous system and weakens your muscles, bones, ligaments, tendons and discs. Sometimes subluxations result in pain and stress, and sometimes subluxations are pain-free. Chiropractors spend thousands of hours in chiropractic school learning how to locate and correct (adjust) subluxations.
Do you have any subluxations in your body? Do your children? Does your spouse? Come in for a chiropractic evaluation and discover why millions of people visit their neighborhood Doctor of Chiropractic every year.
No Pain Means I’m Healthy?
Sometimes I think it’s a shame
When I get feeling better when I’m feeling no pain
Sometimes I think it’s a sin
When I feel like I’m winning when I’m losing again
Gordon Lightfoot “Sundown”
It’s sad when people are dependent on drugs, especially painkillers. While a blessing to those who are suffering, painkillers do not correct the cause of the pain, can cause addictions, and can have serious side effects and adverse reactions.
Pain, per se, is the result of tissue damage. Getting rid of pain with drugs does not deal with the cause of the pain.
Chiropractors are famous for telling people that their body is the world’s greatest drugstore. That means that when functioning properly, with life energy flowing and communicating to all its parts, the body will make all the drugs it needs – and it’s all for free! Of course, it’s important to give your body good raw materials (good nutrition) from which to make your internal “drugs” (chemicals). .
It is for that reason that people often say that DC stands not only for “Doctor of Chiropractic” but also “Doctor of Cause.”
Chiropractors are known for helping people with (neuromusculoskeletal or MSK) pain. Let’s break up the word – neuro (nerve) musculo (muscle) skeletal (skeleton) pain. In lay terms, we’re describing back, neck, hip, arm, leg, hand, wrist, knee, and many other pains.
Why wait until you have pain or feel sick?
Chiropractors specialize in locating and correcting (adjusting) a condition that weakens the muscles, joints, ligaments, discs, spine and other body parts. It’s called a subluxation and it’s a “silent killer”, painlessly and slowly undermining your body’s integrity and health. Like termites, subluxations can undermine your health even if on the surface you are feeling “okay.” Your energy may not be ideal, your sleep may not be restful, your digestion and elimination may not be what they once were – why wait until pain occurs?
Even though you are pain-free, don’t assume your body is subluxation-free. Chiropractors can locate the hidden subluxations that are undermining your health now, before obvious symptoms occur. if you are not feeling 100%, get thee to a chiropractor to ensure you are free from subluxations.
Getting checked and adjusted for subluxations will help you and your family stay healthy your entire life.
The Earthquakes in Your Life
Earthquakes are the movement of the earth’s crust. They may be on land or under the sea (where they can cause tsunamis). The magnitude or strength of an earthquake is measured by the Richter scale. Each numerical jump is on the order of ten (i.e., a 7.0 earthquake is ten times more powerful than a 6.0).
The Richter scale goes from 1 to 8 and even higher! Since 1900 the earth has averaged the following:
- One “great” earthquake each year
- 18 “major” earthquakes (7-7.9) each year
- 120 “strong” earthquakes (6-6.9) each year
- 49,000 “minor” earthquakes (3-3.9) each year.That’s not all – there seems to be no pause to these earthly events as there are 8,000 “very minor” (1-2) earthquakes every DAY! Every Day!!
So, you see our earth is far from an inert mass – it’s “dancing” all the time. We live on a constantly shimmering, shuddering, pulsating planet.
All Shook Up
Are our lives any different? We may experience a cataclysmic “great” event every year or so. An event that can shake us to our very core. It might be getting a new job or being fired from an old one, the birth of a child or the death of a loved one -pleasant or unpleasant, these are often life changing.
Thankfully great events are rare, but we experience less earth-shattering “major” or “strong” events that touch and shake us up in many ways. And many more “minor” events that we may experience every day, or every hour!
Even among those seemingly settled people we know, living quiet, perhapsdull lives, there is so much more than meets the eye. Under the surface (no matter how deeply covered) you’ll find a roiling, crashing, cascading collection of dreams, passions, fears, hopes, tragedies, and triumphs.
Under the surface you will always find a noble spirit yearning to break free.
Can we break through our crust, our limitations? Yes, we can, but for too many the answer is “no,” they will continue to exist and live lives of “quiet desperation” as Thoreau deemed it.
Then there are others who may look into their hearts and declare, “I will grow out of this rut, I will reach for the stars, I will thrive.”
It is not necessary for us to wait for a major earthquake to change our lives – even a minor message can get through and begin our process of healing and growth – we just need to hang on to it and stay for the ride.
Just the Essentials
Which essential oils are best for repelling bugs?
Some essential oils have been proven to have great insect-repelling powers.
- Citronella is one of the most popular essential oils for keeping bugs at bay. It is often used in commercial insect repellents because of its effectiveness. Citronella essential oil can help repel mosquitoes, flies, gnats, ticks, fleas, and more.
- Eucalyptus essential oil is another popular choice. It is known for its ability to repel mosquitoes, flies, fleas, and ticks.
- Tea tree essential oil has systemic insect-repellent properties. This means that it makes the skin less attractive to bugs while also protecting the entire body from insect bites. It repels mosquitoes, fleas, ticks, lice, and more.
- Peppermint essential oil has been shown to repel mosquitoes, flies, ants, and other bugs. It is also a natural way to repel rodents like mice and rats!
Questions and Answers
Q. What is health? Everyone wants to be healthy, but what exactly is it to be healthy?
A. Health means optimal physical, emotional, and spiritual function. A healthy person can adapt to all the toxins (poisons), frustrations, and physical stresses (such as trauma). This definition has nothing to do with feeling good or having no symptoms. That is because symptoms can be healing -fever, vomiting, diarrhea etc. are the body’s ways of detoxing. An intense emotional outburst may be necessary to release stress that might otherwise cause serious problems.
Did you know?
- During the time of the dinosaurs there were active volcanoes on the moon.
- Cutting down a cactus in Arizona might get you 25 years in prison.
- Around the time the pyramids were being built in Egypt there was an active volcano in Colorado.
- Saturn would float on water – it’s the only planet in our solar system that could.
- Only one two-billionth of the Sun’s actual energy hits the Earth. Imagine the potential.
- 95% of the matter in the universe is either dark matter or dark energy that can’t be detected.
- Other galaxies in the universe are moving away from us – and each other.
- Venus spins backward on its axis, unlike the other planets in our solar system.
Words of Wisdom
Even when I’m sick and depressed, I love life. Artur Rubenstein
Chiropractic clinical case histories have been a regular feature of our patient newsletter since its inception. There seems to be no limit to the health problems that respond to chiropractic care. How many people suffering, on drugs, facing a life of limitation, could be helped by chiropractic care?
Probably most of them.
Non-verbal and defiant behavior in a 3-year-old. A 3-year-old girl who was non-verbal and had been exhibiting defiant -like behavioral issues since age two was brought in for chiropractic care. She was unable to connect with family members verbally, emotionally, and physically. Medical interventions, such as speech therapy, failed to make significant improvements.
Chiropractic adjustments were given to address her vertebral subluxations. She received care once a week for 20 weeks.
The mother reported that she was able to start communicating and connecting with her family, loved ones, and the outside world with no complications following the delivery of chiropractic care. Improvements included falling asleep and quality of sleep, ability to concentrate, attention and focus. In addition, she was no longer displaying defiant-like behaviors. (2)
High blood pressure in a 52-year-old woman. A 52-year-old woman with a chief complaint of high blood pressure began chiropractic care. Her initial blood pressure reading was 185/90 mmHg. She was advised by an MD to take medication but decided to seek chiropractic care first.
She received one adjustment a week for 12 weeks. Adjustments were needed in the cervical (neck), thoracic (mid-back) regions of the spine as well as the pelvis. At her second visit, her BP was reduced to 165/88 mmHg. At the 7th office visit, BP proved to have significantly decreased to a reading of 130/86 mmHg and by the 12th visit it had reduced to 106/62 mmHg. The experience in this case have been found to be consistent with other studies showing chiropractic’s benefit for hypertension. (3)
Gastro-Esophageal Reflux Disorder (GERD). A seven-month-old girl suffering with unresolved acid reflux for two months was brought in for chiropractic care. Pediatrician prescribed drugs (Pepcid T and ZantacT) were ineffective. The child was unable to sleep through the night due to the pain and discomfort from being gassy and constipated.
Other clinical features of GERD include esophageal symptoms such as regurgitation, difficulty swallowing, and persistent irritability due to pain.
Chiropractic care (adjustments) were performed for a total of seven visits over seven weeks. Upon arrival at the second appointment, the mother stated that her daughter’s reflux symptoms were slightly improved. The infant slept through the night easier after the first adjustment and was able to take half the dosage of her reflux medication and yield the same signs and symptoms.
One week later, by the third appointment, the mother stopped giving her daughter reflux medication in the morning while the evening dose had been lowered because her reflux symptoms were subsiding. The baby was sleeping eight hours a night again, which had not happened in months.
By week four, the mother says her daughter is like “a new baby!” The mother has taken her off all reflux medications and her signs and symptoms have subsided.
The child was now responding to others, pleasant, and sleeping well. (4)
The only person who listens to both sides of an argument is the fellow in the next apartment. Ruth Brown
When I was young, the Dead Sea was still alive. George Burns
My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She’s ninety-seven now, and we don’t know where the hell she is. Ellen DeGeneris
Children are a great comfort in your old age – and they help you reach it faster, too. Lionel Kauffman
I am a critic – as essential to the theater as ants to a picnic. Joseph Mankiewsicz
We aren’t worried about posterity; we want it to sound good right now. Duke Ellington
Not as bad as you might have imagined. Motto suggested for New Jersey by Calvin Trillin
Parking is such street sorrow. Herb Caen
I’m thirty years old but I read at the thirty-four-year-old level. Dana Carvey
I drink too much. The last time I gave a urine sample there was an olive in it. Rodney Dangerfield
Please write or stop by and give us your feedback. Are there any subjects you’d like to hear about? Anything you dislike? Feedback is always important to us. And, of course, if you’d like hard copies of this newsletter stop by the office and we’ll give you some for your friends and relatives. If they have email, have them write to us and we’ll add them to our subscriber list.
1. Hock S, Miller, C. Resolution of Defiant Behavior and Improved Speech in a Non-Verbal Toddler Following Reduction of Vertebral Subluxation: A Case Study. Journal of Pediatric, Maternal & Family Health, Chiropractic ~ March 25, 2022 ~ Pages 17-21
2. Martin S, Rauch M. Reduction in Blood Pressure Following Chiropractic Care in a 52-Year-old Female: A Case Study & Review of Literature. Annals of Vertebral Subluxation Research ~ March 14, 2022 ~ Volume 2022 ~ Pages 65-70
3. Scott Gill S, Gill. Resolution of Gastro-Esophageal Reflux Disorder in an Infant Following Chiropractic Care: A Case Study. Journal of Pediatric, Maternal & Family Health, Chiropractic ~ April 8, 2022 ~ Pages 22-25
You are subscribed to Dr. MaryAnn`s Newletter as email@example.com. To be excluded from future releases, please visit our options page. We hope you enjoy receiving this and value your feedback. Please email us with your questions or comments. Brought to you by: Achieve Wellness Chiropractic Center.
The service provider responsible for sending this email does not tolerate unsolicited email. If necessary, please report the sender of this message as having sent unsolicited email and their account will be reviewed.